Saturday, April 30, 2005

Sample Fundraising Letter

Here's a sample fundraising letter, beautifully written by team member Kerri Bogda. (I added a few things to make it applicable as an email letter as well).

Dear All,

It is with much excitement that I write this letter, because I have just decided to participate in the kind of adventure that I never imagined going on before now.

In September, I will be flying to Ghana, West Africa for 10 days to assist in the creation of a school/resource center for 350 “unaccompanied children” who are currently housed in a refugee camp. These children, victims of civil war in Liberia, have been either separated from their parents while fleeing the war or orphaned. Some of them are as young as three and are considered “extremely vulnerable.” If you’ve seen the film HOTEL RWANDA or read articles on the plight of similar children in the aftermath of the Asian tsunami, you may have an inkling of the hardships these children are undergoing as we speak.

The school and resource center will not only be a place for them to learn, but a haven as well. Unfortunately, even though the cost of preparing the building and establishing the school is extremely low by Western standards, the local capital necessary to make the school functional isn’t available.

I have been asked to raise $5,000 as part of my contribution to the effort. At first, the amount seemed overwhelming. After considering my circle of family and friends, however, I realized that if I just reached out, I could achieve my fundraising goal. And all donations for the trip are tax deductible!

I feel truly honored to be given such a worthwhile opportunity and I hope that you will share my enthusiasm. If you would like to donate to this mission, there are two ways to do so:

1) By check – made out to the non-profit organization “Creative Visions” and sent to me at ADDRESS. Please include your full address with the check.
2) Online at http://www.tendaysmission.blogspot.com. Click on “Make a donation.” If you do, please put my name in the “Note” area, so that I can keep track of my donations.

Thank you so much for your support! I’ll keep you all updated from the road!

Much love,


PS – One of the most valuable ways you can support me is to forward this email to as many people as possible with a note vouching for me. Thank you for your help!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home